Black Friday is fast approaching, and just like every other day-after-Thanksgiving, there will be too many tech deals you won't want to pass up. If you've been saving up all year just for this sometimes-chaotic shopping holiday, we'll help you figure out the best tech sales to take advantage of and when, whether it's Black Thursday, Black Friday, or Black Friday weekend.
We've collected the best lists and ads from stores offering smartphone-related Black Friday deals. If you're looking to save some cash on your holiday spending, see below for the best sales on smartphones, speakers, headphones, and other accessories. We'll continue to update this guide as we find more deals, so keep your eyes glued right here, and make sure to check out our breakout lists on each section below for more details and more deals.
- Target: Free $250 gift card with qualified activation of an iPhone 8 or 8 Plus, or save $60 on an iPhone SE.
- Best Buy: Save up to $200 with qualified activation of an iPhone 8 or 8 Plus.
- Walmart: Free $300 gift card with qualified activation on an iPhone 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus, or X.
If you didn't notice up there, Walmart is the only one offering an iPhone X deal, and it's a pretty good one if you shop at Walmart frequently. Most other iPhone X deals around require trade-ins.
Apple doesn't usually offer discounts on their iPhones during Black Friday, however, that's not to say they don't participate in the post-Thanksgiving tradition. In recent years, Apple will offer a gift card to customers who spend over a certain purchase limit. That might not be the greatest incentive to shop at Apple on Black Friday, but it's something to look out for.
If the iPhone X isn't on anyone's Christmas list, you might want to check out some of these Android deals. If you like Samsung, Best Buy and Target would love to sell you discounts on both the Galaxy S8 and Note 8. Best Buy has over 15 Android deals, however, so if you're looking for an Android device, you'll definitely want to check them out.
NewEgg has quite a few Android deals — choose from the ZTE Axon 7 and Axon Mini, Asus ZenFone 3 Lazer and ZenFone Zoom, and Huawei Honor 8.
Make sure to check out Walmart if you're in the market for either the new Galaxy devices or midrange Android phones. Keep in mind, they will be attached to a carrier, but you might find some good deals.
- Target: Free $300 gift card with qualified activation of a Samsung Galaxy S8, S8 Plus, or Note 8.
- Best Buy: Save $300 with activation of a Samsung Galaxy S8, S8 Plus, or Note 8.
- NewEgg: Save up to $200 on select Android devices.
- Walmart: Free $300 with $0 down with activation of a Samsung Galaxy S8, S8 Plus, or Note 8.
If you're in the market for a pair of discounted headphones, you have a few options. Amazon has,
NewEgg has a wide selection of headphones for sale, and while they may not carry Beats, you're bound to find something favorable in its line of high-quality products.
- Amazon: Save up to 63% on select pairs of headphones, or up to 50% off select pairs of earbuds.
- Target: Save $220 off a pair of Beats Studio2, or get a free $20 gift card with the purchase of Powerbeats 3.
- Best Buy: Save $220 off a pair of Beats Studio2.
- New Egg: Save $80 off a pair of Bose SoundTrue (Navy Blue), or $40 off a pair of Sennheiser CX 300-II.
- Kmart: Save 50% off Skullcandy Uproar headphones.
- Sears: Save 50% off Skullcandy Uproar headphones.
Amazon has some early Black Friday deals that should interest some people, including savings on bundle purchases for Echo, Echo Dot, and Echo Show devices. Of course, you'll find discounted third-party speakers as well.
You might not have heard of the brands of speakers Sears is offering, but the deals are there, as they are with Kmart. Meanwhile, NewEgg offers a mega-suite of speaker options, while Sam's Club has a nice deal on two-packs of 808 Audio Canz H2O wireless speakers. If you're looking for good deals on high-quality speakers, this might be the site for you.
- Amazon: Save up to $100 off Bundled Amazon Echo products, or save up to 70% off third-party speakers
- Best Buy: Save up to 50% a Sonos Bluetooth speaker, $50 off Google Home, or $20 off Amazon Echo.
- Target: Save $20 off Amazon Echo, or $50 off Google Home.
- Costco: Save $50 off up to three Google Home devices.
- Sears: Save 50% off Altec Lansing Mini Lifejacket 2.
- Kmart: Save $80 off a Samsung soundbar.
- NewEgg: Save $90 off a Klipsch KMC1 speaker.
- Sam's Club: Save $40 off 808 Audio Canz H2O wireless speakers (2-pk).
What's a new phone purchase without an accompanying case? If you want options this Black Friday, go with Amazon. They have dozens upon dozens of discounted cases, and they're available right now.
Best Buy has Case-Mate and Speck cases available, as well as Apple-branded iPhone cases. Walmart's selection isn't quite as wide, but the company does offer an Incipio case as well as OtterBox Defender cases for iPhone 6, 6 Plus, 7, 7 Plus, 8 and 8 Plus, and Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus.
- Amazon: Get up to 76% off cases for iPhones, Galaxy phones, and more.
- Best Buy: Get 15% off select Apple iPhone cases, or 50% Case-Mate and Speck cases.
- Walmart: Get $25 off Incipio Lighted Selfie Cases, or OtterBox Defender cases $20 each.
Phone batteries. Can't live with them, can't live without them. No matter how big the batteries in our phones get, it's a miracle if we can get through the day on one charge alone. That's why portable chargers are so handy.
- Best Buy: Mophie Powerstations $9.99 each, save $30.
- Walmart: Blackweb Power Banks for $15.
- Costco: $6 off Ubio 6000 Powerbanks (2 pk, limit 10).
If your shopping for an iPhone 8, 8 Plus, or X, or maybe a Samsung Galaxy S8, S8+, or Note 8, then a wireless Qi charging station is a must. These things don't work well with cases, so if the person on your shopping lists likes to go caseless, then a Qi charging dock could be the best gift ever.
- Amazon: Up to 60% off select wireless chargers
- Best Buy: 50% off Just Wireless Qi wireless charging pad (black)
- Sam's Club: 50% off Atomi Qi Wireless Charging Pad
The above pretty much covers everything you could need for your smartphone, but there are a few other products worth mentioning. One is called Merge Cube, and it's an augmented reality educational toy that can be used with your smartphone, with or without a VR headset. You can read more about it on Next Reality.
- Walmart: Merge Cube for $9, which saves you $5.97).
Additionally, there are plenty of virtual reality headsets on sale. Check out our full roundup on VR headsets for all the deals.
See any great Black Friday deals not on our list? Let us know in the comments below!
Keep Your Connection Secure Without a Monthly Bill. Get a lifetime subscription to VPN Unlimited for all your devices with a one-time purchase from the new Gadget Hacks Shop, and watch Hulu or Netflix without regional restrictions, increase security when browsing on public networks, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out: