This is a simple process for those wanting to capture a circular view of an object with their smartphone or other type of camera.
Warning: The centrifugal force can be quite high at the end of a ceiling fan blade. The mount I'm using is very secure (it took a while for me to remove it). However, phones/cameras are expensive, so use this at your own risk.
- Ceiling fan
- Phone car mount (iOttie Easy Flex Car Mount Holder shown)
- Counter balance (clips, coins, etc.)
Place the phone holder and phone on the outer portion of one of the fan blades.
Add counter-balance to the opposite blades. I used coins and clothespins.
- Set ceiling fan to lowest speed.
- Turn video on.
- Switch fan on and off quickly.
- Repeat switching process until the proper speed is obtained.
Here's what the end result will look like.
More details can be found on my Instructables page.