This is a simple process for those wanting to capture a circular view of an object with their smartphone or other type of camera.
Warning: The centrifugal force can be quite high at the end of a ceiling fan blade. The mount I'm using is very secure (it took a while for me to remove it). However, phones/cameras are expensive, so use this at your own risk.
- Ceiling fan
- Phone car mount (iOttie Easy Flex Car Mount Holder shown)
- Counter balance (clips, coins, etc.)
Place the phone holder and phone on the outer portion of one of the fan blades.
Add counter-balance to the opposite blades. I used coins and clothespins.
- Set ceiling fan to lowest speed.
- Turn video on.
- Switch fan on and off quickly.
- Repeat switching process until the proper speed is obtained.
Here's what the end result will look like.
More details can be found on my Instructables page.
It’s Black Friday week in the Gadget Hacks shop! Huge sales on Bluetooth speakers, phone mounts, online courses, and more. The biggest discounts are on online classes, and we’ve hand-picked our 10 favorites for you. Check them out!