While the Samsung Galaxy S3 is the world's best selling smartphone, there a few people that find the device just a bit too large. With a 4.8 inch display and 136.6 x 70.6mm dimensions, the phone can be slightly large for kids—and adults with small fingers. It can even be a hassle to put into your pocket, so that's why Samsung decided to release the Galaxy S III Mini.
With a smaller frame, the phone is perfect for those that want all of the Galaxy S III features but want a more compact size. Just like the Galaxy S3, the Mini now also shares one more thing with it's daddy—it can now be rooted.
Here are the basic steps to rooting your new S3 Mini (I8190).
- Download this zip file and extract it so you've got a tar file.
- Open up Odin 3 (you can download it here).
- Throw the tar file in PDA.
- Put the phone into download mode (Volume Down + Home + Power buttons, and then click on Volume Up).
- Connect your phone to your computer with USB and wait for Odin to detect it.
- Click on Start.
And that's all there is to it. For more information, check out the original thread over at XDA Developers.