We've all been waiting for it, and now it's finally here— Video Skype for the iPhone 4. It's no longer just a voice over the phone, now you can finally see those rosy-red cheeks of your fellow Skyper, and maybe even their underwear. Check out the official Skype for iPhone - now with video commercial:
So how do you do the Skype iPhone video? It's so easy, I'm sure you can figure it out.
- Download Skype 3.0 from the iTunes App Store (free app)
- Sync to your Apple iPhone or iPad (iOS 3 + iOS 4 compatible)
And that's really about it. Now you use Skype on your iPhone like you normally would, only now you have the option to send or receive video calls over a WiFi or 3G network. And you're not limited to just calling other iPhone users with Skype— you can also call Skype desktop users (Mac OS X or Windows).
To make a video call on Skype 3.0, simply:
- Open up Skype on your iPhone 4 with front-facing camera and go to your Skype contact list.
- Select who you want to call and select Video Call.
- When the call goes through, the receiver has the option to either Answer with Video, Answer without Video or Decline.
Here's a couple demo videos for you to see the process.
Keep Your Connection Secure Without a Monthly Bill. Get a lifetime subscription to VPN Unlimited for all your devices with a one-time purchase from the new Gadget Hacks Shop, and watch Hulu or Netflix without regional restrictions, increase security when browsing on public networks, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out: