We've all been waiting for it, and now it's finally here— Video Skype for the iPhone 4. It's no longer just a voice over the phone, now you can finally see those rosy-red cheeks of your fellow Skyper, and maybe even their underwear. Check out the official Skype for iPhone - now with video commercial:
So how do you do the Skype iPhone video? It's so easy, I'm sure you can figure it out.
- Download Skype 3.0 from the iTunes App Store (free app)
- Sync to your Apple iPhone or iPad (iOS 3 + iOS 4 compatible)
And that's really about it. Now you use Skype on your iPhone like you normally would, only now you have the option to send or receive video calls over a WiFi or 3G network. And you're not limited to just calling other iPhone users with Skype— you can also call Skype desktop users (Mac OS X or Windows).
To make a video call on Skype 3.0, simply:
- Open up Skype on your iPhone 4 with front-facing camera and go to your Skype contact list.
- Select who you want to call and select Video Call.
- When the call goes through, the receiver has the option to either Answer with Video, Answer without Video or Decline.
Here's a couple demo videos for you to see the process.