Learn how to update your iPhone firmware from 1.1.1 to 1.1.4 using ZiPhone 2.5c with this video tutorial. To get started updating your own Apple iPhone, follow these steps:
1. Sync your iPhone one last time to backup contacts, etc.
2. Download and install iTunes 7.6
3. Download ZiPhone 2.5c (Windows version…Mac version). Extract the files to a directory you will be able to find later on.
4. Launch iTunes. Plug in your iPhone to your computer and it will be detected. Click RESTORE (important). If 1.1.4 hasn't been downloaded, it will. Wait for the restore to finish.
5. Launch ZiPhone 2.5c. Click the "Do it all" button and patiently wait.
6. After 4 minutes or so, it should be complete. Pop in your SIM to test that it works, then install the BSD Subsystem via Installer before you install any 3rd party apps (Running into the "Download Package Failed!" problem? Click here to fix it).
That's it! You're done! You should be on 1.1.4 with everything working perfectly. For a video walkthrough of the above steps, watch the accompanying video.