One of the features on the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 that has created quite a bit of buzz is Multi Window, which adds split-screen functionality and allows you to simultaneously task through two applications. This feature can be toggled through a menu that appears on one side of the screen and only works with a few selected applications (unless you mod your Note 2).
Thanks to a new hack from XDA Developers, you can now turn the Multi Window task menu transparent, so you can still see what's under it when switching applications.
Here is a brief version of how it's done:
- Download the files from XDA Developers user kest874.
- Copy file to your phone's internal storage.
- Boot into CWM Recovery by simultaneously holding Volume Up, Home and Power buttons. The device should boot in a few seconds.
- Make a Nandroid backup of existing ROM.
- Choose Install Zip from SDcard, Choose Zip from SDcard, scroll down and select MultiWindowTheme.zip file.
- Reboot system.
- Multi Window menu will be transparent and should look like the menu in the picture below.
For complete instructions, check out the thread in the XDA Developers forum.