In this clip, learn how to install OS 4 on your iPhone or iPod Touch before it is released to the public. This is not the final Apple approved version, so you will be missing some small things like wallpapers and iBooks but you should still have plenty to play around with while you wait for its official release!
1. Download the iTunes 9.2 Beta
2. Install the iTunes 9.2 Beta
3. BACKUP using iTunes 9.2
4. If you are Jailbroken use APTBACKUP to Backup a File List of your Jailbroken Apps.
5. Download the correct .ipsw for your Device
6. Go to iTunes and on your iPod's Page, HOLD OPTION-ALT and click RESTORE and choose your .ipsw
7. After that wait and then you have a fresh Install of the iOS 4.
8. You can now restore from your backup.
*iTunes 9.2 Beta
*iOS 4 iPhone 3GS
*iOS 4 iPhone 3G
*iOS 4 iPod Touch 2g
*iOS 4 iPod Touch 3g
Keep Your Connection Secure Without a Monthly Bill. Get a lifetime subscription to VPN Unlimited for all your devices with a one-time purchase from the new Gadget Hacks Shop, and watch Hulu or Netflix without regional restrictions, increase security when browsing on public networks, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
Be the First to Comment
Share Your Thoughts