I hope you haven't updated past here if you want to jailbreak your iPhone. Jailbreaking gives you access to many open ended applications and games. This video will demonstrate exactly how to jailbreak and unlock your iPhone 3G/3GS firmware 3.1.2 and 5.11.07 baseband.
This is a easy tutorial on how to Successfully Jailbreak and Unlock your iphone 3G or 3GS with blackra1n and blacksn0w (the unlock). REMEMBER from now on DO NOT Update your Firmware! REMEMBER you can also @reply me on twitter for help!! - iphone 3.1.2 Firmware with 5.11.07 Baseband! iphone 3G - bit.ly iphone 3GS - bit.ly - Download blackra1n and blacksn0w!: blackra1n.com ============== !IMPORTANT! If your ipod Touch 3G, or iphone 3GS boots up in recovery mode (Connect to itunes Logo) Simply plug it in and re-run blackra1n to boot it up
============== WRITTEN INSTRUCTIONS
1. Plug in your iphone and update to 3.1 or 3.1.2, your choice just make sure your on 5.11.07 baseband!
2. After iphone is done updating go download blackra1n: blackra1n.com
3. Make sure you download the correct version, either Windows or Mac.
4. Save to desktop *(ONLY on Windows)* right click then open as administrator
5. Open blackra1n, make sure your iphone is connected still, and click "make it ra1n"
6. Let it jailbreak and reboot
7. go into the blackra1n.app thats on your Springboard
8. Tap on the packages you wanna install, I recommend only Cydia for packages, and of course sn0w which is the unlock! (Recommended your on a Wi-Fi Connection)
9. Let it download and install Cydia, then let it install sn0w
10. Once sn0w is download, it'll respring and your done!
11. *ONLY for T-Mobile Subscribers* Go Into Settings - General - Network - Disable 3G
Want to help support Gadget Hacks and get a great deal on some sweet new tech? Check out all the deals on the new Gadget Hacks Shop.