How to Jailbreak iPhone 4 iOS 4.1
Step 1 Download Greenpois0n and firmware 4.1!
You can download greenpois0n and firmware version 4.1 from JailbreakAndUnlock. If you didn't update to 4.1 you'll need to restore to 4.1 firmware. Don't update to firmware 4.1 if your iPhone is unlocked.
Step 2 After you've updated or restored your iPhone or iPod to 4.1!
Open Greenpois0n and click "Prepare to jailbreak" and follow the instructions. You must start the process as soon as the instructions start or it won't work properly. If you receive an error it means you did it wrong but don't worry - just start over.
Step 3 One you're done holding the buttons:
After you're done holding the buttons and stuff, it should say "ready to jailbreak". Click "jailbreak" and it should start.
Step 4 After jailbreak is finished:
Go to the app that says loader. This is where you'll download Cydia but make sure you have Wi-Fi first. If after it crashes or turns off just turn it back on and repeat the installation of Cydia if need be.
Now you're done!
- If you unplug your device before you clicked "Jailbreak" just plug it back in and it should start where it left off if the program is still open.
- Make sure you know what the Sleep button is. The sleep button is also known as the power button and is located on the top.
- DO NOT UPDATE TO IOS 4.1 IF YOUR IPHONE IS UNLOCKED! PRESENTLY THERE IS NO UNLOCK AVAILABLE FOR 4.1.
- DON'T INTERRUPT YOUR IPHONE/IPOD WHEN IT'S JAILBREAKING AS YOU MAY CAUSE IT TO CRASH.
- DON'T UNPLUG IT BEFORE YOU PROCEED TO JAILBREAK IT.